There are so many elements that go into planning a wedding. From choosing the right DJ to coordinating color schemes, a bride has her work cut out for her. Now while most people see the wedding dress as the centerpiece of the wedding, the groom and his groomsmen also deserve to look snazzy. This is where the importance of a good tuxedo comes into play.
A Quality Tuxedo is Important for the Groom
- It's Not Just Another Day at the Office: Sure, he may have a beautiful suit that he wears to the office, but it's his wedding day too! This is a chance for the boys to dress up and honor the tremendous occasion. Couples invest a lot of time and money planning a wedding, so the dress code must be a step above the norm. Tuxedos are the special detail that help the whole wedding party look their best.
- Tuxedos are Suave and Manly: James Bond wears tuxedos for this very reason. Tuxedos are designed to help men stand out at formal events, and be the star of the show. What man doesn't want to look and feel like Pierce Brosnan or Sean Connery on his wedding day? Nothing is sexier than a man in a well-fitting tuxedo.
- The Groom Should Stand Out: Chances are most male guests at the wedding will be wearing suits. The last thing you want is for the groom to just get lost in the crowd. Everyone should see him walk in to the room, and simply know who he is, because he's dressed for the part.
- The Wedding Party will be on Point: Nothing compliments a wedding and bridesmaids dresses more than men in well-fitting and sharp tuxedos. Choosing the right color of tuxedos will give the wedding party a cohesive look, so that everyone in attendance knows who they are. The right tuxedos make the men look great, and help the beautiful ladies stand out even more.
Tips for Choosing the Right Wedding Tuxedo
- The first rule for choosing the right tuxedo, for both the groom and his groomsmen, is coordinating with the bride and her bridesmaids. The wedding is also the first chance for the bride and groom to show off their style as a couple. Choose a tuxedo that not only makes the groom look fantastic, but compliments the uniqueness of the wedding gown.
- Nothing is more frustrating that a poor-fitting tuxedo. When choosing the style of the tuxedos, always let his frame dictate the fit. For tall, slender men most styles of tuxedos will look marvelous. If he'd like to add bulk, a double-breasted tuxedo will make him look broader. For bulkier men, a fitted suit will make them look slimmer. Dark tuxedos--black, navy, and dark gray - are the best color choices for burlier fellas, while light colors--tan, light gray, or white--are best suited for lean body types.
- While the groom and his groomsmen want to look like rock stars at the wedding, they also want to be comfortable. Pants should fit comfortably whether they are sitting, standing, or dancing. The jacket should cover his butt, with the vent laying flat. If the vent pulls open, the tuxedo is too tight. Bow ties should also fit snugly around the collar.
- The groom should also have some unique accessories to set him apart from the rest of his party. This could be special cuff links, a boutonniere, or a tie and vest combo of a different color. If the wedding has a multi-color scheme, have the groom wear one shade, while his party wears the other.
Weddings are just as special for a groom as they are for the bride. Let him know how special and handsome he is, by helping choose the right tuxedo for himself and his groomsmen.